With over 20 years experience in the legal industry, having worked in Sydney, New York and Tamworth, Fiona is now the Director of our law firm and mediation business based in Tamworth. She was raised on a sheep, cattle and cropping property near Boggabri, and comes from a long line of Australian graziers. After attending the University of New South Wales in Sydney, in 2004 Fiona was admitted as a solicitor to the Supreme Court of New South Wales. She then practised law in Sydney and in 2010 was recognised by the Law Society of New South Wales as an accredited specialist in personal injury law. In 2013 she was admitted as an attorney in the United States, and practised law in New York City, before moving to Tamworth in 2015.
Fiona now dedicates her time and experience to her home town and its surrounding region, investing her world class legal skills in strengthening the legal and mediation services available in the New England and North West of NSW. Fiona is also a casual Legal Academic at the University of New England, providing education in the subjects of Torts, Introduction to Business Law, Contracts, Corporations Law, and Family Law.
Fiona relishes the opportunity to serve her community. As a Director on the Board of the Not-for-Profit member organisation, the Tamworth Business Chamber, she understands the importance of encouraging economic, social and cultural development and growth in regional Australia. Her other past service includes: being a volunteer solicitor at the Redfern Legal Centre, as a youth and homeless support worker at Youth Off the Streets in Sydney, as a volunteer attorney on the New York City Bar Association’s Disability Law Committee, and as a volunteer suicide and crisis counsellor at Samaritans NYC.
Learn more about Fiona’s experience here on her LinkedIn page.
- 2019 Nationally Accredited Mediator (MSB, NMAS, Mediation Institute)
- 2019 Attorney-General Certification, Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner
- 2019 Graduate Diploma of Family Dispute Resolution, College of Law
- 2015 Admitted, Attorney United States District Court, Southern District of New York
- 2014 Admitted, United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- 2014 Notary Public, New York
- 2013 Admitted, Attorney New York State Bar
- 2010 Accredited Specialist in Compensation Law, Law Society of New South Wales Specialist Accreditation Board
- 2007 Admitted, Solicitor of the High Court of Australia
- 2004 Admitted, Solicitor Supreme Court of New South Wales
- 2004 Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice, University of Technology Sydney
- 2003 Bachelor of Laws ,The University of New South Wales
- 2003 Bachelor of Arts (Political Science and International Relations), The University of New South Wales
MEMBERSHIPS & ASSOCIATIONS
- Law Society of New South Wales
- North North West Regional Law Society
- Tamworth Business Chamber
- Tamworth Family Law Pathways Network
- August 2015 “Three Malpractice Cases Create Clearer Interpretations of Law” New York Law Journal (Co-authored with Jeffrey Lichtman and Richard Menchini)
- August 2014 “Medical Monitoring Cause of Action Rejected in One of Three Stand-Out Cases” New York Law Journal(Co-authored with Jeffrey Lichtman and Richard Menchini)